HOME
HAPPINESS
INSPIRATIONAL
LIFE
LOVE
VIDEOS
ABOUT
  • Amalgamations of Peter Paul

    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sidBKt69xPE/TuO3RWQcGHI/AAAAAAAAB_w/oWf5lVaenYw/s600/Untitled-1%2Bcopy.jpg

    Welcome to my humble abode! I've added some new features such as the Facebook "Share" and "Like" buttons in each post. Feel free to click on those. Also follow me in Twitter. Enjoy reading!

    Peter Paul
  • Author's Note

    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OUVd6L5PN9Q/TuO3SDn5bFI/AAAAAAAACAA/78yuyQMV16g/s600/writing%2Ba%2Bletter.jpg

    The term 'amalgamation' pertains to a combination of two or more. This is a personal blog which is a combination of musings of my activities, thoughts, inspirations, ideas, and everything that happens around me.

  • Be inspired, have peace of mind

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-enfV4zVzrPY/TuO3Pd1LgYI/AAAAAAAAB_g/gMs81RR7zxE/s600/nature-layout-waterfall-serene.jpg

    As a personal blog, there are articles written not just for the sole intention of writing but are also directed to share experiences to uplift and inspire the downtrodden.

  • Love, love, love

    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-o1B7DjDxbhc/TuO3ORZMhQI/AAAAAAAAB_Y/hmqUt1zgOzs/s600/happiness%252Bappa.jpg

    There's beauty in everything. Be filled with love as you listen to love songs you may want to sing along with.

  • Tragedies and Disasters

    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-DxxT-UvHZX8/TuO3Q-omEbI/AAAAAAAAB_s/GIMf-I3s9lA/s600/Qinghai-China.jpg

    Life isn't always about fun and happiness. Get a glimpse of me as I speak my mind about tragedies, disasters, and pains.

  • Hope

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-nyORobuv2Ow/TuO3KsJWHrI/AAAAAAAAB_A/kmadKl-Eaxc/s600/Derek_Redmond.JPG

    Life won't have meaning if everyone turns blind and start to see no hope. There is always hope, just waiting to be lit. Read through articles filled with hope.

  • Movies and so much more!

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Dk0RhE-zTfs/TuO3QD4As9I/AAAAAAAAB_o/JWe-szjpF3A/s600/The%2BLast%2BAirbender.jpg

    Occasionally, I'm inclined to write reviews for movies, places, restos, or just about anything. Watch out for those cutting remarks! =)

  • Journey

    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-BI7O3H8BQ4w/TuO3M3brhyI/AAAAAAAAB_M/8-a-Q_Ffrng/s600/GEDC0443.JPG

    Hey, life's a journey. What better way to immortalize oneself than through writing?

  • Share your thoughts!

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WXfjMYUwDZU/TuO3MNEQ8iI/AAAAAAAAB_I/ALJkCHzDpVw/s600/DSC_0886.jpg

    I would greatly appreciate it if you shared your thoughts with me. Please feel free to leave messages at the comments box below each post. Thanks!

Man on the Mirror

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Share


If you could draw a perfect face for yourself in the mirror, how would you look like?

Are you gonna look like one of those male or female models with perfectly gorgeous faces and sparkling smiles?

At some point we all wish to be somebody else. Perhaps somebody popular or wealthy or whoever that may be. Point being that we don't like ourselves enough. Or we feel like we're just not entirely who we want to be.

I guess I'm writing this post to remind myself that I am exactly who I should be. You too, dear reader. And everybody else.

Insecurities prevent us from showing the beautiful person who we really are. They are borders that imprison everything good in us.

Like for example this friend in college whose got talent in singing but didn't want to join competitions because he thought he was too fat to be seen by an audience.

There were times at work too that I just wanted to give everything to my assistant for completion because I felt I already had too many tasks in my hands, undermining my ability and skill to multi-task with speed and precision.


Drawing the line between always being at the top of what you do best and wanting to be laid back and be simple, can help you overcome some of your insecurities. And finding the balance between the two is where you can find your real contentment and happiness. Going through that won't be easy but it's definitely going to help you discover who you are as a person and what you really want to become.

So would you still draw a different face when you have that moment to look at the mirror? If your answer is still yes, and your attitude towards life is always wanting to be somebody else, then you'll never be contented. "A self-centered man is a discontented man."

Your attitude may not be enough to define who you are as a person but it will define whether you will become a happy person or a sad person when you're old.

0 comment/s:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...