HOME
HAPPINESS
INSPIRATIONAL
LIFE
LOVE
VIDEOS
ABOUT
  • Amalgamations of Peter Paul

    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sidBKt69xPE/TuO3RWQcGHI/AAAAAAAAB_w/oWf5lVaenYw/s600/Untitled-1%2Bcopy.jpg

    Welcome to my humble abode! I've added some new features such as the Facebook "Share" and "Like" buttons in each post. Feel free to click on those. Also follow me in Twitter. Enjoy reading!

    Peter Paul
  • Author's Note

    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OUVd6L5PN9Q/TuO3SDn5bFI/AAAAAAAACAA/78yuyQMV16g/s600/writing%2Ba%2Bletter.jpg

    The term 'amalgamation' pertains to a combination of two or more. This is a personal blog which is a combination of musings of my activities, thoughts, inspirations, ideas, and everything that happens around me.

  • Be inspired, have peace of mind

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-enfV4zVzrPY/TuO3Pd1LgYI/AAAAAAAAB_g/gMs81RR7zxE/s600/nature-layout-waterfall-serene.jpg

    As a personal blog, there are articles written not just for the sole intention of writing but are also directed to share experiences to uplift and inspire the downtrodden.

  • Love, love, love

    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-o1B7DjDxbhc/TuO3ORZMhQI/AAAAAAAAB_Y/hmqUt1zgOzs/s600/happiness%252Bappa.jpg

    There's beauty in everything. Be filled with love as you listen to love songs you may want to sing along with.

  • Tragedies and Disasters

    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-DxxT-UvHZX8/TuO3Q-omEbI/AAAAAAAAB_s/GIMf-I3s9lA/s600/Qinghai-China.jpg

    Life isn't always about fun and happiness. Get a glimpse of me as I speak my mind about tragedies, disasters, and pains.

  • Hope

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-nyORobuv2Ow/TuO3KsJWHrI/AAAAAAAAB_A/kmadKl-Eaxc/s600/Derek_Redmond.JPG

    Life won't have meaning if everyone turns blind and start to see no hope. There is always hope, just waiting to be lit. Read through articles filled with hope.

  • Movies and so much more!

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Dk0RhE-zTfs/TuO3QD4As9I/AAAAAAAAB_o/JWe-szjpF3A/s600/The%2BLast%2BAirbender.jpg

    Occasionally, I'm inclined to write reviews for movies, places, restos, or just about anything. Watch out for those cutting remarks! =)

  • Journey

    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-BI7O3H8BQ4w/TuO3M3brhyI/AAAAAAAAB_M/8-a-Q_Ffrng/s600/GEDC0443.JPG

    Hey, life's a journey. What better way to immortalize oneself than through writing?

  • Share your thoughts!

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WXfjMYUwDZU/TuO3MNEQ8iI/AAAAAAAAB_I/ALJkCHzDpVw/s600/DSC_0886.jpg

    I would greatly appreciate it if you shared your thoughts with me. Please feel free to leave messages at the comments box below each post. Thanks!

P75

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Share


A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
DAD: "Yeah sure, what is it?" replied the man.
SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.
SON: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make 150 pesos an hour."
SON: "Oh," the little boy replied, with his head down, counting.
SON: "Daddy, may I please borrow 75 pesos?"

The father was furious, "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolity's."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money? After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that 75 pesos and he really didn't ask for money very often.

The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door. "Are you asleep, son?" He asked. "No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy. "I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier" said the man. "It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the 75 pesos you asked for." The little boy sat straight up, smiling. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he exclaimed.

Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father. "Why do you want more money if you already have some?" the father grumbled. "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.

"Daddy, I have 150 pesos now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."

The father could not say a word. He put his arms around his little son, and he hugged him as tears fell down his face.

5 comment/s:

Anonymous said...

Love the touching story :)

Ryan said...

If only this would work on my dad.

VICTOR said...

If only this would work on my dad, too. LOL.

Fickle Cattle said...

Awwww.

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

Steph Degamo said...

i'm touched by this story

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...